Just promise me

Things that I have wanted desperately that I no longer expect or care whether I ever actually get or achieve:
  • A C rating in foil
  • A house
  • Promotion to full professor
  • My family (either side) to come visit me in Chicago
  • Thousands of hits per day on my blog
  • 20/20 vision
Goodness.  I must be near perfect.  If only I could stop caring about the size of my thighs, I'd be there.  Truly.

"Vanity of vanities, all is vanity," sayeth the Preacher.  "What does a man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun?...  What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun."

Comments

  1. I think you're in spitting distance of the "C". As to the others, it has been proven that the gene for worrying about thigh diameter resides on the X, chromosome. We femmes, with a double dose, are simply doomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs! But, really, I don't care about the C in the way that I did a few years ago. It would be nice, but...it hurts less not to want it and just enjoy how well I'm fencing.

    I don't know what to do about the X chromosome, though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my blog post. I look forward to hearing what you think!

F.B.

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Reaction

How to Be God-Right

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version